Our Scholastic Book Fair is coming up next week!
Be sure to stop by and see what’s new…maybe before or after your Parent-Teacher conference appointment on Thursday, February 23, or if you’re dropping in for Kindergarten orientation on Friday, February 24. There’s a whole store set up in the DAPE Gym each day, from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm on Thursday, and 8:30 am to 3:00 pm on Friday.
If you’ve never been to the Book Fair, what can you expect? Here’s a quick run-down:
- Tons of books, sorted by reading level and interest area.
- Special collections of favorite story characters – great for those looking for a birthday gift, a reward for great work, or a “no reason, because we love reading” moment.
- A few non-reading goodies, like bookmarks, pencils, erasers, posters, and even some crafty kits.
- The occasional “wish list” from teachers that families can help fulfill.
- Not just for kids, you can find books for grown-ups, too! The selection may not be as wide (this is for the kids, after all), but if you’ve been on the lookout for new recipe ideas, or inspiration for at-home activities with the kiddos, you’ll find them at the Book Fair.
- Friendly cashiers that will gladly take cash, checks, or credit/debit cards for payment.
- The good feeling you get when you know that each purchase helps build up our “Scholastic Dollars” balance, which provides funds for teachers and our Media Specialist to use when purchasing new books for the school.
The Book Fair also provides one of the easiest volunteering opportunities! We look for help in one-hour shifts during each day, making it easy to squeeze in a little do-good time on a packed schedule. You can check out our shift schedule to find an opening that fits your day.
It’s worth a visit, and even more fun to discover what kids love about their Book Fair experiences. See you next week!